Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Letter to Senator Boxer and Congressman Schiff

Senator Boxer,

Congressman Schiff,

Thank you for your e-mail. I appreciate your staff’s time creating it along with the taxpayer dollars that pay their salaries. I know during this Economic difficulty, people look to Government for the solution to their Economic woes. They want to know how you’re going to help them. Unfortunately, when the Federal Government spends money, that means other people cough up cash to pay for your programs, people like me when I paid $14,590.14 in Federal Income Taxes for 2008. I know some of those taxes are needed in order for you to carry out what’s required in Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution, but otherwise you’re just robbing me of liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

However, this new Stimulus Bill that you just signed, is even worse. The two “Stimulus Bills” together put nearly two trillion dollars into the Economy that wouldn’t otherwise exist. I think to myself, what effect will this have on my purchasing power. I guess when one takes into account our GDP, and adds the two trillion you created, you just inflated our GDP by 14%. It’s even worse than that because the Federal Reserve has put who knows how much money into circulation. So I guess I can thank you when inflation sets in coupled with our “shrinking” GDP. I hope you’re prepared for the not too distant wrath of the American people.

No comments: