Wednesday, January 28, 2009

These Republicans

I can't believe the Republicans actually have the temerity to complain about Obama's Economic Stimulus package. The Republicans had six years of control under Bush to exemplify fiscal restraint and reign in budget spending. However, our debt went from $4 Trillion to $10 Trillion under them. Their actions are transparent and overstate the need for a new Political Party to force accountability. It's not longer good enough to spout lower taxes, smaller government. The Republican leadership fortitude was lacking during Bush, now Republicans want to pretend they're against wasteful government spending? Pathetic. The same thing is occurring here in CA under Schwarzenegger, and he also has the temerity to state he's against wasteful government spending when it's also increased under him. He also states he's against taxes, that he loathes taxes, but he's going to increase them by $14.7 billion. The Republican Party is a joke. It's been a joke since 2004.

1 comment:

adam said...

I hate to see the hypocrisy of politicians as well. And I trust that you do know much more about politics that I do, but in Schwarzenneger's case I feel that he has been trying to cut spending and wants the economy in California to be strong. That's been his mantra since he ran for the office. It seems like he's just getting rejected left and right by both democrats and republicans. I've noticed at least two or three times recently where he's attempted to cut the budget, cut state employee pay, cut back school funding, etc. However, people keep complaining and fighting him all the way. Like I said, I don't know as much as you do, but it does seem like he's trying. I'd like to see a system set up where state employees don't just get to ride these jobs out with a sense of security regardless of how well they perform or not. State agencies need to be regulated like a conservative business. Make sure good employees are rewarded and paid well and flush out those who just sit waiting for their retirement. It's time for city, county, and state jobs to start being held accountable for their performances. I bet if bad employees began to be weeded out, then there wouldn't have to be these massive lay-offs because bad employees would be let go just like everywhere else. Also, we'd see state employees treating us better. I don't even want to think about going into the DMV later this month for my car renewal. I've had mostly good luck, but I've also been treated sort of bad and I know I'm not the only one. They just don't care because they don't have to. If it were any other business they DMV would have gone out of business long ago. We should be able to go wherever we want to register our cars. It's like buying a gun. There are state and federal regulations you can follow, but as long as it's done right you can get it where ever they are sold. If office-type places were set up to take payments, you'd definitely get treated better. (that went a bit off tangent, but oh well)