Wednesday, March 18, 2009

This illegal immigrant boasts how his hands built someone's home. Did it ever occur to him, or his sympathizers, that an American could have done it just as well if he didn't undercut American wages? After all, who would hire me and pay Social Security taxes at 6.2%, Medicare taxes at 1.2%, CA SDI insurance at 0.5%, etc. when they can hire an immigrant and pay him $10 an hour cash? I wouldn't hire an American either if my business was construction and I was looking to maximize my profits. I bring this up because it was in the news today that Obama met with Congressional Hispanic Caucus members, I guess being an American isn't on their agenda, and I can only guess what "reforms" we're going to experience in the near future.

I have an idea though. I'm not one to just complain. In fact I have a few ideas. The first is to seal the border with National Guard Troops, and put the US Army there as well. I've read too many articles lately describing the chaos occurring in Mexico because of the drug cartels murdering each other and bystanders and the officials that get in their way. Second, build a permanent barrier, with access roads, watch towers, seismic sensors, etc. that will help facilitate physical control over the border situation as well as delineate the border between the US and Mexico so as an additional benefit the Mexican military can stop violating our sovereignty. Third, institute first time offense penalties of $100,000 per illegal immigrant found employed by a business, with second offense penalties of $250,000 per illegal immigrant found employed by a business, and a third offense being the seizure of the company's assets which would then be liquidated and the proceeds given to the United States Department of Treasury. Fourth, grant a six-month grace period for all illegal immigrants to have an opportunity to extricate themselves from the United States and return to their home country without prosecution, after which point, any illegal immigrant found in this country will be automatically deported without habeaus corpus and will be barred from re-entry for five years, and permanently barred from ever being eligible for work or student visas, and most especially never be qualified for naturalization. I know it sounds tough, but our laws are our laws and choosing to reward these illegal immigrants is to state we're for lawlessness.

No comments: